Read Plato’s “Allegory of the Cave,” you see just how prevalent this way of thinking still is in our society.
Please answer the following questions:
1. How do the cave-dwellers react to the freed prisoner who returns to the cave? Why do they react that way?
2. Would you want to be released from the cave? Why or why not?
3. What resembles the cave in our/your world? Facebook, television, other forms of social media, etc.?
4. Who do you think has the power to shape your ideas and beliefs? In what ways is this good and in what ways is it not good?
5. Are there things you know to be true? What are they, and how do you know them?