Discuss how a job description is a function of management.
Consider the following areas of a job description below and explain how these components contribute to an effective performance management system:
Tools and technology
Knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs)
Explain the legal components in a job description as it relates to the EEOC.
Describe at least two assessment methods that can be used when recruiting qualified candidates and how those two methods are appropriate for meeting organizational objectives.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Evaluate two (2) key changes in the selected company’s management style from the company’s inception to the current day. Indicate whether or not you believe the company is properly managed. Provide support for your position.
2. Explain senior management’s role in preparing the organization for its most recent change. Provide evidence of whether the transition was seamless or problematic from a management perspective. Provide support for your rationale.
3. Evaluate management’s decision on its use of vendors and spokespersons. Indicate the organizational impact of these decisions.
4. As a manager within the selected company, suggest one (1) innovative idea that could have a positive impact on both the employees and customers of the company. Indicate the approach you will take in implementing the new idea. Provide support for your suggestion.
5. Predict the selected company’s ability to adapt to the changing needs of customers and the market environment. Indicate how open communication channels are critical for successfully implementing change in the organization. Provide support for your prediction.
submit your completed operations improvement plan. Your final OIP should be divided into five basic components:
- Process identification.
- Process improvement.
- Definition of the problem statement.
- Measurement strategy.
- Data collection and evaluation tools.
You have developed each of these components as individual assignments and you have updated them as your OIP has developed. Take into consideration all of the research and groundwork you have completed thus far. Incorporate feedback from previous assignments as well as the tools, techniques, and methodologies you have examined throughout the course. Finalize your comprehensive OIP as if you were to present it as a formal recommendation to the organizational leaders at your client company. Focus your writing appropriately for that audience.
You and Claudia have reached the end of your journey in this course, but you have only just begun on your quest to complete your degree. Although it seems like a goal that has many hurdles to overcome before you reach your final destination, you will be crossing that stage to accept your diploma before you know it. A key component of successful people is the fact that they can see themselves reaching their goals before they even arrive. You will get to do that with this final assignment.
For this assignment, you will write an e-mail to your future self. You will open this e-mail on your graduation day, once you have achieved your academic goals. The e-mail to your future self must contain the information below.
· Why did you choose CSU?
· What is your biggest motivation for completing your degree?
· Reflect upon how you felt when you first began this course. What were your initial fears?
· What are some of the learning strategies that you adopted to achieve your goals?
· What plan have you established to help balance all of your academic and personal obligations? Summarize how the plan managed your goals and priorities.
· Who is included in your support system?
· What is the best advice that you could share with future students?
· What are your plans for when you complete your degree?
· What are your strategies for career success once you complete your degree?
· Successful people are often lifelong learners. What strategies learned from this course will you apply to future learning opportunities?
Discuss some of the protected characteristics covered by equal employment opportunity laws and why they are important in today’s employment setting.
Create a memo (400–600 words) that proposes the system development methodology that you would like your team to use. You must present your selection in a logical, clear, and compelling manner. To justify your selection, compare and contrast the methodology of choice with another methodology that is a viable alternative. This demonstrates that you have considered several options. Remember that in your upcoming group discussion, the team will need to select one methodology. If all proposals are written properly, the selection process will go smoothly.
1. What are the responsibilities of top management and leaders in relation to corporate governance and strategic planning? What are the benefits of strategic management?
Your response must be at least 400 words in length.
2. What are the roles and responsibilities of the board of directors? Please provide an example of a board of directors that did or did not meet its responsibilities to the company.
Research and evaluate what you believe to be the top three most significant trends/ issues in managed care today. Provide explanations for your three choices.