The budget deficit has impacted your state, and with elections near, legislators are concerned about their public image and are contemplating reducing the public health budget for the state.
You are being asked to prepare a presentation to persuade legislators not to cut public health spending.
– Select a public health program/service that will be impacted by a recently proposed state budget cut.
(Mental Health, New York)
– Prepare a PowerPoint presentation to persuade legislators not to cut public health funding.
– Present the cost/benefit of the public health program/service, the expected impact of the proposed cut, and conclude with an alternative proposal.
1. The presentation should have a 15-20 slides (not including the reference slides). *must have a reference slide
2. Requires reading notes (describing the information) on each slide.
3. Provide supporting information: charts, graphs, and other visuals. (in 1-2 slides)
4. Please make sure to present some State and Local data of the community that will be impacted by the cuts. (in 1-2 slides)