What are ways that instructional practices can enhance students’ learning of content and learning strategies?
· Select learning strategies appropriate to a lesson’s objectives.
· Incorporate explicit instruction and student practice of metacognitive and cognitive strategies in lesson plans.
· Identify techniques for scaffolding verbal, procedural, and instructional understanding.
· Identify language learning strategies to use with students.
· Discuss the importance of asking higher-order questions of students of all English proficiency levels.