Module 2 – Case: Marketing and Strategy
Global Food and Beverage
*Select one of these multinational food and beverage companies as the basis for this case.
– McDonaldâ€™s Around the World
– Starbucks Worldwide
– Dunkinâ€™ Donuts Global Presence
1. Choose two countries (not used in the Module 1 SLP) in which the company does business and research target markets. Consider if there are culturally prescribed dietary restrictions (such as dairy products, red meat, shellfish, or pork).
2. Research traditional menu choices in the country (this may be accomplished by an internet search).
3. Provide rationale for at least three regional menu items per country.
Information for this section should come from a reputable source. The World Factbook (maintained by the CIA) is a good place to start. Another government site, U.S. Department of Stateâ€™s country information, also links to embassies. The use of government-maintained websites adds to the credibility of the information presented. Supplement the government research with articles from the libraryâ€™s full-text databases. Steer away from reference books like encyclopedias or dictionaries and focus on information from periodicals. Do not copy and paste tables from sources.
Since you are engaging in research, be sure to cite and reference your sources in APA format. Your paper should be written in the third person; this means words like â€œI,â€ â€œwe,â€ and â€œyouâ€ are not appropriate.
Use the attached APA-formatted template (BUS401 Case2) to create your submission (see attached).
Your submission will include:
â€¢Trident University Internationalâ€™s cover page
â€¢A 4-page paper with APA citations (2- or 3-sentence introduction, 4-page body, 2- or 3-sentence conclusion)
â€¢The reference list page in APA format