Proposal and Outline
Number of sources: 3
For future reference, these are the directions for the final paper:
You will be required to write one research paper this semester. The specifications are as follows:
1) 8-10 pages (double-spaced). Title page, table of contents, reference page, and diagrams are not included in the 8-10 page minimum.
2) Choose a topic below here:
The Future of Sport Media
Creating a Program to Prevent Childhood Obesity
Improvements for Coaching Education
Status of Commercialization in Sports
Solutions for Paying College Athletes
Changes in Sport Cultures around the World
Social Issues and the Olympics
Sport Leadership Trends for Gender and Ethnicity
The Replacement of Religion with Sport
Political Decisions that Impact Sport in Society
3) Use at least five references outside of your textbook (you may use your textbook too, but are not required to).
4) In addition to the required number of pages for the assignment, you must also include a reference page (bibliography), written in APA style and a title page. You must get your topic approved in week 4.
5) You must provide a 1-page outline of your paper by the end of Week 4. Your outline must include citations to five references and a brief summary of the references that you will use in your paper.
6) Typewritten in double-spaced format with a readable style and font and submitted inside the electronic classroom.
7) 12-point font or Times New Roman styles.
8) Page margins Top, Bottom, Left Side and Right Side = 1 inch
9) Your paper must be in your own words, representing original work. Paraphrases of others’ work must include attributions to the authors (citations in APA styling) through citations to the reference list at the end. Limit quotations to an average of no more than 3-5 lines, and use quotations sparingly!
Outline Directions for This Week
The course requires you to choose a topic for scholarly in-depth investigation related to contemporary and social issues in sports.
Your Paper Topic Proposal should include the following in one document:
1. Title page and Proposed Topic: This is the problem statement or the specific area to be investigated. Times New Roman – 12 point font.
2. Brief description: Discuss the area(s) that will be researched and/or investigated. Define the purpose of the paper. Discuss your objective for researching this specific subject area. This should be a good start into writing your paper.
3. Outline: Provide a brief outline of your paper in an outline format. The outline should include an explanation or plan of how you intend to organize your paper.
Below is an example of an appropriate paper proposal and outline for this assignment. Please fill in the categories below:
An APA-format title page
Description of the topic: (Brief description: 200 to 300 words)
a. (briefly discuss items to be discussed in introduction)
b. (briefly discuss items to be discussed in introduction)
II. Discussion of Topic Research
a. (Research reviewed and discussions)
b. (Research reviewed and discussions)
c. (Research reviewed and discussions)
a. (Summary of findings)
b. (Critical reflection on the research)
IV. References (at least 5 references in APA Style should be included in this outline)