Module 3 â€“ Case: Grand Strategy Selection
The Module 3 Case assignment requires that you use the various Grand Strategy selection matrices to select the grand strategy (or strategies) that the Coca-Cola Company should follow.
1. List the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of the Coca-Cola Company that you identified in the Module 2 Case assignment (see attached/reference #1).
2. Review the SWOT Analysis Diagram (Slide 4 of the Grand Strategy Selection Matrices PowerPoint presentation â€“ see attached/reference #2). In which cell do you believe Coca-Cola Company belongs? Defend your answer.
3. Next, using the Grand Strategy Selection Matrix (Slide 7/reference #2 ppt attached), determine the grand strategy (or grand strategies) that should be pursued by Coca-Cola. Discuss the assumptions you have made in applying the Grand Strategy Selection Matrix (i.e., explain why you chose â€œovercome weaknessesâ€ vs. â€œmaximize strengthsâ€ and why you chose â€œinternally-directedâ€ vs. â€œexternally directedâ€).
4. Next, apply the Model of Grand Strategy Clusters (Slide 8/reference #2 ppt attached) to the Coca-Cola Company. Discussion the assumptions you made in applying the Model of Grand Strategy Clusters to the Coca-Cola Company (i.e., rapid vs. slow growth; weak vs strong competitive position).
5. Finally, apply the BCG Matrix (Slide 10/reference #2 ppt attached) to Coca-Colaâ€™s core strategic choices. Again, discuss your assumptions for choosing, e.g., high versus low market share). Is Coca-Cola a Dog, Cash Cow, Star, or Question Mark?
6. Compare your results from the Grand Strategy Selection Matrix (Step 2), the Model of Grand Strategy Clusters (Step 3), and the BCG Matrix (Step 4). How do your results compare (reference #2 ppt attached)?
7. Conclude your written analysis by stating which grand strategy (or strategies) Coke should follow and why. Defend your answer!
Your Case Assignment should be a minimum of 5-6 pages in length.
You are required to use APA formatting and you are required to cite and reference your sources.
Please make sure you review the assignment rubric prior to writing your assignment.
Be sure to use section headings to organize your paper, for example:
2. Coca-Cola Company SWOT
3. Application of the Grand Strategy Selection Matrix
4. Application of the Model of Grand Strategy Clusters
5. Application of the BCG Matrix
6. Comparison of Results
7. The Grand Strategy Coca-Cola Should Choose