Learning Assessment Purposes
Create a 1,100- to 1,400-word training material in which you explore the purpose of assessment in adult education. In your training material, you should answer the question “Why use assessment?”
You will analyze the purpose of assessment by taking into account the perspective of the student, teacher, administration, and school, or the trainee, trainer, department, and organization. Also consider the purposes of specific types of assessments such as diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments.
In your analysis, include:
- A general explanation of the purpose of assessment for adult education
- A description of diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments
- The strengths and weaknesses of each type of assessment
- A scenario in which each assessment would be most appropriate
- Describe when you would use that specific assessment and why.
- Explain when that assessment might be the best choice for the situation and give your rationale.
- A comparison of traditional and authentic assessment
- Include examples of when to use each. When and where would you choose to use them and why?
Include at least 2 references used in your training material.
You are encouraged to include appropriate graphics, tables, or visual aids