Analyze the leadership style of a contemporary leader
Transformational, Transactional, and Charismatic Leadership
We are all familiar with the concepts of transformational and transactional leadership, terms which were coined by James MacGregor Burns in his classic Leadership which was published in 1978, as well as the charismatic leader from movies and films. In this Case Assignment, you are going to examine these three leadership styles.
Fortune Magazine’s “Top 100 Companies to Work For 2016”
Drawing on the material in the background readings and doing additional research, please prepare a 5- to 6-page paper (not including the cover and reference pages) in which you do the following:
1. Compare and contrast the transformational, transactional, and charismatic leadership styles.
2. Analyze the leadership style of a contemporary leader from one of Fortune Magazine’s Top 100 Companies to Work for in 2016 in terms of their transformational, transactional, and charismatic leadership styles.
Keys to the Assignment
– Compare and contrast the three leadership styles. A table may be a good way to summarize some of the key points you come up with.
– Choose a company from Fortune Magazine’s Top 100 Companies to Work For 2016.
– Research the company and its leader, then answer the following questions.
o Analyze the leader in terms of their transformational, transactional, or charismatic leadership styles?
o What is the added value of this leadership style?
o What impact does this leadership style have on the organization’s overall image?
o Contrast this leadership style with United Airlines, named the worst company in America to work for by glassdoor.com.
o Based on your experiences and research, what kind of leadership style is needed to promote efficiency in an organization? Justify your response.
– These are not the only things must be covered, but are the minimum. You are encouraged to go deeper with the assignment and use your critical thinking skills to ascertain what other areas are important in making a company one of the top ones in which to work.
You need to complete this paper and must be written in APA Format.