essay assignment economy
Draft 750 word draft to be submitted w/c 09/04/18 (seminar class)
Final 1500 word deadline
Your draft essay must –
Your final essay must –
· be no more than 1500 words
· be your own words and your own works
· use correct referencing / citation methods
· contain a bibliography (words used in bibliography should not be included in final word count)
· be submitted to Turnitin
|Identify the three economic systems, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of each. In your opinion which economic system is best? Provide reasons and examples to justify your answers.|
Marks for this assignment will be given according to the following criteria:
- a)how accurately the essay describes the three economic systems, their advantages and disadvantages, using examples.
- b)how comprehensively the essay considers which economic system is best, providing reasons and examples to justify the answer.
- c)the quality and depth of research you carry out for this piece of work;
- d)the accurate referencing of any texts and data sources that you have used in the essay
- e)whether you use examples to help explain your ideas and the quality and relevance of any examples you use and how well you introduce these into your work;
- f)the quality of grammar and the structure of your answer
Hints and Tips
- Answer the question that has been set.
- Remain within the word limits given for the essay – 1500 words
- Do not use headings or sub headings.
- Use appropriate and relevant up to date sources of reference.
- Use the Harvard style reference list. Your list should be alphabetical by author and list out the author(s)’s surname, first name, date of publication, title of book, publisher of book and the place of the book’s publication. If you have used internet sources, you should give the author(s)’s name, title of web page, the full internet address of the page(s) you have used and the date(s) that they were accessed.
- Do not copy large pieces of text from a book, another person’s essay or internet sites and imply that it is your own work. If you want to quote directly from a book, you should indicate that it is a quote (by using quotation marks “…”) and the name of the author whose work you have cited in the main body of your essay.
- When you hand your work in, please ensure that all the pages are stapled together using a front sheet from the VLE. Submit an electronic copy to TURNITIN by the deadline.