Develop an Annotated Bibliography on Theories and Approaches to Language Acquisition
It is important for you to develop your own language teaching principles. For this assignment, develop an annotated bibliography on theoretical considerations and approaches to language development for use with students with non-English language backgrounds.
Begin by briefly explaining your own conceptualization of second language development. Address the affective base, the knowledge base, and the experience base in your conceptualization. Then, locate a minimum of three scholarly articles to include in your annotated bibliography.
Be sure to include the following theoretical considerations when searching for resources to prepare your annotated bibliography:
- Grammar-Based Approaches (See Chomsky, Wang – Chapter 2)
- First- and Second-Language Acquisition (See Aimin, L. (2013))
- Zone of Proximal Development (See Allahyar, N., & Nazari, A. (2012))
- Participatory Language Teaching (See Aimin, L. (2013))
- Literacy Development and Skills Integration (See A Guide to Learning English (2009))
- Affective Domain See (See Stephen D. Krashen site)
Support your assignment with at least three scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including seminal articles, may be included.
Length: 5-7 pages, not including title and reference page