Theorist/ Abraham Maslow Motivation Theory
You will each contribute to the collective knowledge of organizational change theory by writing a succinct summary of the work of an influential organizational theorist. You chose your theorist in Week 1. Use the name index beginning on p. 469 to find all occurrences of discussion in Bolman and Deal (2017) about your theorist. Your task is to complete the following:
- Create a succinct summary of the theory on organizational or human behavior in either
- At least 2 paragraphs
- A combination of drawings, diagrams, words, and bullets
- Cite a minimum of three sources used for your research. You must include
- The course text. Locate your theorist in the index in the Bolman and Deal (2017) and read all information these authors include in their book about your theorist.
- A minimum of one professional journal article. Use the Concordia Library Databases or a chapter or selections from a reputable text on either organizational change or organizational development.
- Any one web-based scholarly source. (Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable source.)
- Your personal reaction
- What additional insights into organizations or human nature or organizational change did this theorist provide for you? (2 paragraphs)
- What quote did you come across, or what three words would you use, that best described this theory?
- Consider your readings from Bolman and Deal (2017) and your work with the four frames early this week:
- Identify the “frame” of reference (i.e., structural, human resource, political, symbolic) you believe this theorist drew from for this theory.
- What evidence for the frame exists in the theory?
Note: Choices 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10 have less discussion in the Bolman and Deal (2017) text than the other theorists presented, meaning you may have to supplement more with another scholarly source you find. Use the index to find the relevant page numbers in the course book for your theorist.
Your choices are:
Date it Appeare