Compare and Contrast Team and Small Group Experience
Write a 550 to 1,050 word paper in which you analyze your experiences as a member of at least one team: sports teams, Learning Teams, and so forth; and one small group: family, friendship circles, work relationships, and so forth.
Answer the following questions:
- Who were the participants of the team and the group?
- How was each formed? Is this typical for team and group formations? Explain.
- What differences were there between theteam and the group dynamics? Why?
- How might these experiences be different for a virtual team or group? What unique characteristics are there for a virtual team or group?
- In each team and group, how did members take on roles?
- What norms were developed in the team and group? How did these develop? Explain.
- Were there status differences within the team and the group? Why or why not? What effect did this have on the group performance?
- Identify at least three interpersonal needs as noted by Maslow and Schutz (as cited in Beebe & Masterson, 2015) that were met through the team or group experiences. Explain why the team or group experiences met these needs.
- What is your overall impression of working in teams and small groups?