Texting while Driving
1. Provide an APA-style reference for the news article you selected. The format for the reference is as follows:
Author, A. A. (Year, Month Day). Title of article in sentence case. Title of Newspaper in Title Case and Italics. Retrieved from http://www.newspaperhomepage.com
Although the newspaper article should be available through the library, provide the URL directly to the newspaper that published the article. Do not provide a link to a library database record.
2. What is the current event or issue that is being discussed in the news article? Explain the event or issue, assuming your reader has little or no prior knowledge of it. Answer in 1-2 paragraphs.
3. Describe a specific real-life situation (other than one discussed in your news article) where the issue at hand has been observed. This could be something that happened to you or someone you know, or it could be a related event in the news. Explain the connection to the event or issue in your news article. Answer in 1-2 paragraphs.
4. With your Major in Social Science how do you see it relating to the event or issue in your news article? Answer in one paragraph.
5. What do you want to know about the issue or event in your news article? List two or more questions that you could pursue as part of your research.