International business in Emerging markets
The assignment requires to use Dunning’s eclectic paradigm with reference to ownership, location, and internalization (OLI) to critically assess (1) how a chosen multinational of a developed economy manages FDI in a clearly identified emerging market (for example, Russia, India, China, Nigeria, or Brazil); or (2) how an emerging market MNC deals with FDI in a developed economy or (3) in emerging markets. Please select ONE company from the list below:
1. Volkswagen (Germany)
2. Walmart (US)
3. Tata (India)
4. Foxconn (Taiwan)
(a) The Assignment is an academic essay not a REPORT. We expect students to apply Dunning’s eclectic paradigm to a case organisation.
(b) The word count is  and excludes references. Diagrams and figures would be counted as 10 words.
(c) In marking the script we shall pay particular attention to the following five criteria (listed in order of importance.
1. Extent to which the question has been answered: to include, the scope of the answer (depth and breadth)? Was the question answered in sufficient detail (within) the limits of the word count?
2. Quality of the argument and reasoning involved: was there argument and evaluation, or at the other end of the scale just the presentation of information?
3. Use and manipulation of a theory and data. (All being of particular importance in the assignment).
4. Style, to include clarity of expression, organization and structure.
5. Presentation, to include all aspects of referencing, citation, bibliography, and layout (and other aspects identified in the assessment rubric).
(d) The basic structure of the assignment is as follows,
1. A short intro with a clear argument or statement
2. A summary of Dunning’s paradigm and a critique identifying key problems inherent in OLI
6. A conclusion