1. What is the difference between primary and secondary market data? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
2. What are 3 brands of the same product (e.g., breakfast cereal) that are positioned differently? How are they differentiated?
3. Describe the five characteristics of a good brand. Provide examples of brands that meet as many of these criteria as possible
4. How do the pricing strategies for corporations differ from nonprofit organizations (NPOs)? Provide examples.
5. What product or service have you recently encountered that would be particularly suited for multi-channel or interactive marketing? Why? What are the benefits of multiple marketing channels? Are there any disadvantages? Explain.
6. What are the characteristics of marketing channels? What 3 factors should be considered when designing one? Describe an organization’s (that is familiar to you) marketing channel.
7. What factors influence choice of media? What media would you choose to market a new line of cosmetics for women, and why? How would your choice change if it were a cosmetic line for men?
8. Define and describe the elements and potential benefits of integrated marketing communication (IMC), using a product of your choice to illustrate the use of IMC. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a humorous appeal in advertising insurance versus a fear appeal? Provide examples of each.
9. “The social responsibility of business is to increase its profits.” So said Milton Friedman in a famous 1970 missive in The New York Times. How do you respond to this statement? Do you support or refute this notion? Explain.
10. Describe an example of societal marketing from your experience and/or research and evaluate whether or not it was/is effective, and why? Name the organization. Was the effort consistent with the mission of the organization?
EACH QUESTION MUST BE ANSWER WITH A CITE AND 150-200 words