Personal Work Group Evaluation
rite an investigative paper that applies group-related communication theories to a selected group.
There are many ways to improve interpersonal effectiveness, and the benefits of doing so are profound. Many studies point to interpersonal effectiveness as the leading predictor of future success. Derailment studies (Lombardo & McCauley, 1988) found lack of interpersonal communication skills to be a key factor in the likelihood of a manager to derail, or be removed from his or her job.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 2: Analyze the interrelationships of communication within organizational systems.
- Describe the characteristics of a group.
- Analyze the roles of group members.
- Describe the group stages experienced.
- Analyze group norms.
- Describe positive and negative participation behaviors.
- Describe group’s use of technology for communication.