Mobile App Part 2 (Gantt and PERT Charts)
Update the Microsoft Project file you created in Assignment 4: Mobile App Part 1 (Work Breakdown Structure) with the following changes:
- Set progress in at least ten (10) of the line items.
- Set the properties so that at least one (1) of the main tasks is behind schedule.
- Create a Gantt chart for the project.
- Take a screenshot of the Gantt chart which can later be inserted into your written paper.
- Create a PERT diagram that identifies the critical path.
- Take a screenshot of the PERT chart which can later be inserted into your written paper.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast the information that one receives from a Gantt chart, versus that of a PERT diagram.
- Examine the advantages of using a Gantt chart over a PERT chart and vice versa. Determine when it is appropriate to use one over the other. Justify your response.
- Explain the importance of the critical path in project management.
- Insert the screenshots of the Gantt and PERT charts you created based on the provided criteria. Elaborate on the status of the mobile application development project based on the updated information. Note: The graphical representations do not count toward the overall page requirement.
- Use at least one (1) quality resource in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze and develop project schedules with appropriate techniques and software tools.
- Prepare strategies to manage project resources to include human resources, capital equipment, and time.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems and technology.
- Write clearly and concisely about Information Technology Project Management topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.