Imagine the disaster declaration request you submitted in Week Four has been denied . (this letter/Assignment is on the next page below, please review and write paper based off the letter assignment below)
Select one of the following scenarios.
1. The president has denied your request for a Major Disaster Declaration stating that the letter and backup documentation failed to prove that the state meets the threshold for damage that is required to grant a disaster declaration request. There are rumors that the Republican president has been in a political battle with your Democratic governor and congressional representatives.
2. The president has denied your request for a Major Disaster Declaration because the FEMA regional administrator’s summary and recommendation stated that there were multiple discrepancies between what your agency reported as “destroyed” and “major damage” homes and what the FEMA Preliminary Damage Assessments (PDA) are reporting.
3. The president has denied your request for a Major Disaster Declaration because the government’s analysis of the disaster indicates that dealing with the disaster is within the capabilities of the state. Although you stated you needed additional resources and you could not handle it, the government feels you can.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that addresses the following in the context of the scenario selected:
· Analyze ethical challenges as they relate to emergency management funding.
· Why are there discrepancies in the report? What may have caused this error and how can the issue be corrected?
· Analyze emerging political and policy changes in relation to a current event.
· What can you do to get the declaration approved? What are the issues, or potential issues, that must be addressed or overcome?
· What can you do to prove your point to gain approval? What is within your capabilities as an emergency manager? Should you appeal the decision?
· Analyze the purpose of the Stafford Act in relation to government responsibilities.