Assignment 1 –
You have been employed as Information Technology consultant at a local business advisory organization, that aims to help small Internet based business, to be a successful candidate as a consultant you have been asking to prepare a report to show your understanding on how Internet and WWW operate.
Task 1 – Describing how the Internet works
Hint: You should cover the followings:
- The basic architecture of the Internet as network of networks based upon servers and clients.
- The World-Wide Web.
- The role of protocols (IP, HTTP and TCP) and URLs
- Different types of Internet connection including wired and wireless.
- The role of ISPs (with examples)
Task 2 – Investigate and describe with examples of how Internet and www can be used by societies
Hint: You should choose at least five different types of uses.
Task 3 – For the Internet activities explained above, describes Internet risks and actions that various organization take to reduce risks arising from operating online.
This could include
- The use of software such as antivirus,
- Checking before downloading emails.
- The use of software and hardware firewall.
- Backing up data and taking precautions over security of data.
Assignment 2 –
The purpose of this assignment is to: Explain how Internet and World Wide Web Operate.
Criteria Reference – To achieve the criteria the evidence must allow show that the student is able to:
Task 1 – Describe how the internet operates.
Task 2 – Describe with examples of how the internet is used by society
Task 3 – Describe Internet risks and the actions taken to reduce risks.