Supply Chain Management
This assignment is a 3-4 page paper(double spaced) proposing a strategy for identifying, recruiting and training manufacturing personnel based on the following assumptions:
1) You are a plant manager in a mid-sized manufacturing facility. You have 600 people working for you. Your plant is so busy, you’re running 3 shifts a day.
2) One-third of your employees – 200 people – are 60 years old or older. You anticipate that they’ll retire within the next 5 – 10 years.
3) You have two departments where the entire team is older than 60 years old. It would be catastrophic for your business if they all retire at once.
4) The labor market in the LA metropolitan area is “tight.” Finding good talent has been a challenge for several years.
5) The good news is that you recognize the issue and are developing a strategy to address it. As this is California, there are some state resources available to cover training, etc.