Management in Financial Institutions
The overall intent of the Paper is to understand a Bank’s financial statement, its position in the market place and how the Bank compares to its piers. The Bank’s total assets should not be more than $2B.
Length: 2-5 pages excluding Exhibits.
Items that must be covered:
· Identify the type of Bank
· Which regulatory agency governs them
· What is the Banks focus (i.e. Commercial, deposit only …..)
· Calculate and show work by attaching exhibits
o Net Interest Margin
o Net Noninterest Margin
o Net Operating Margin
· Show, at a minimum, two competing Bank’s financial statements for comparisons via exhibit
· Discuss how the Bank compares, two strength and two weaknesses, in relationship to the competing Banks (i.e. Net Interest Margin is a strength due to ….)