Your brother was diagnosed with schizophrenia in his tee
Your children are in school, work is stable and you feel a need to become more active in your community, and try to help others. Your brother was diagnosed with schizophrenia in his teen years and you know how difficult it is.
You contact your local chapter of National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) and they are providing volunteer training to you. Prior however, they ask you to educate yourself on the different types of mental illness, what the signs/symptoms may be each, as well as obtain basic knowledge of the medications that might be used.
Personalize a notebook to refer to as you volunteer for the mentally ill.
Include the following aspects in the project:
· Access the NAMI site
· Go to the bottom of the page to access the major types of mental illness
· Use a Word document to create a notebook
· Write a chapter for each of these mental illnesses
· Summarize each type with treatment including medications
· A simple table may be used for organization
There is no minimum length but thoroughly cover each illness