Choose a health care provider — nursing home, hospital, home care
Choose a health care provider — nursing home, hospital, home care, etc.
- Research government websites and review the publicly reportable outcomes for your chosen facility, e.g. mortality rates, rehospitalization rates, infection rates, patient satisfaction, preventive care, etc. a. www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare; https://www.medicare.gov/nursinghomecompare/search.html;
- Identify other providers in the same geographic area, review their outcomes, and compare your provider (e.g. search by zip code).
- Determine how these outcomes impact this provider as a potential member for a health system, Accountable Care organization, or as a contender to obtain population health contracts.
- Based on the reports, determine which quality initiative the providers should address through evidence-based practices, such as safety, quality, rehospitalizations, mortality, etc.
- Would your provider be a desired member of a system?
- What is your recommendation for this provider to improve their outcomes in order to improve reimbursement and to become a desirable member of a system of providers?
Your assignment must follow these formatting guidelines:
This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Analyze the use of health care technologies to enhance cost effectiveness, increase health care access, promote health equity, and provide care for vulnerable populations.